Cut the Swai fillets into one inch strips on the diagonal. Mix the milk, mustard, hot sauce and salt in a medium bowl or resealable plastic bag, then add the Swai fillet strips and refrigerate for one hour.
Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, honey, chipotle and lime juice in a large bowl, mixing well. Toss with the shredded cabbage, red and green onions, salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until ready to assemble the tacos.
Heat the vegetable in a large skillet until hot but not smoking; a digital thermometer will read 350 degrees.
Combine the flour, cornmeal and seasoning in a shallow bowl, then dredge each strip of fish in the flour mixture until well coated on all sides. Lower the fish pieces into the hot oil gently and fry until golden brown on all sides, turning as needed, about three minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fish to drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the chipotle slaw and Swai strips among the taco shells – and enjoy!
- 3 (4 to 6 ounce) Swai fillets
- ¼ cup milk or buttermilk
- ¼ cup Creole or whole grain mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce, to your taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, or mixed dried herbs
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ pound finely shredded cabbage (green, red or mixed)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 crispy corn tortilla shells